Kiwi Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiwi Divas

For the diva that lives within every Kiwi woman..

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Westie Mums

Go down 
+8
Mummie
lilly and isabellas mum
T & As Mum
neka's mum
Sophie
Jack + Nathans mum
Melissa
Lauren
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 109
Job/hobbies : Financial
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Westie Mums - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:06 pm

I haven't got the capsule thing done yet... I am going out with my mum on thursday so I will probably do it then...
The hospital bag has been packed and unpacked so many times I just don't know what to take with me!! Esp for bubs....I think I just have too much stuff I don't know what to choose
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Finance Consultant/Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Morning Neka's Mum.

Thanks for that, i'll still get her checked out to be safe.

We drove past the trusts yesterday trying to figure out why there were lots of people there with balloons - didnt think it could be just for that rug sale haha. Figured it out eventually but nope, didnt go. Did you?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:11 pm

I know. Just make sure you take stretch n grows. They are the easiest things to use while they are so small. Olivia was swimming in the prem ones and she wasnt even that small... 7p 7oz or 3375g.
She could still fit into prem clothes until she was about 2mths. She 5 1/2 mths and is still only in 0-3mths with room to spare! Little poppet.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 pm

I just love the photo... sooo cute, Aaron and I were talking about bubs yesterday and now we just can't wait for him to arrive!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Have to say though it is really hard to just relax - to actually just sit down... you know? I always see things that need to be done... then feel like I need to get up and do them... I have already rung my mum and my dad this morning, just to say hello...LOL
Back to top Go down
neka's mum
Chatty Tart
Chatty Tart
neka's mum

Female
Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : sahm

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:15 pm

No we were going to, we drove past but couldn't find parking and couldn't be arsed parking miles away, and it looked like it was threatening to rain so we gave it a miss, and went shoping instead, lol
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Yes i could always find things to do - like clean the house a million times lol!

Dont worry, im sure we all go through that stage. It helps kill time. I spent so much time on the treasures site it wasnt funny.
Was so good to be at home, wish i was still there haha
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:27 pm

God I would love to go shopping....get my final pay tonight... then we really are on one income!!! DH so needs a new job....for what he does at his current one, they are such stinges.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Its amazing what you can actually live on when you have to though Lauren but i agree, one income sucks ass!
Are you getting Paid Parental Leave?
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:33 pm

Yeah... thankfully that will at least pay for petrol and food for 14 weeks. We have a LAQC which bought our rental property - the costs of that will go against Aarons income - so will check out with IRD etc... if we qualify for anything once the paid parental leave is done... though I have to say trying to figure out what you are entitled too is soooo confusing. The gvnmt does not make it easy...
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Dont even get me started on the govt!
We got through on the bones of our arses (only through putting money away while i was still working) and yet we still didnt qualify for ANYTHING once PPL ended. Ridiculous.
Dont get me wrong, i think its great to be able to get help for when you need it but here we are working our bums off and when we actually need help, arnt qualified for jack shit!
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah I know, that pisses me off too. We earn (or earnt now) a respectable wage between us, but by know means are we rich or have money coming out of our ears. Even with Aarons income by himself we probably don't qualify. He earns under 65k, yet we have to have a family income of less than that....
it sucks, cause it is not like we are just sitting on a bene doing nothing. Don't get me wrong I am like you, it should be there when you need it - but there are a lot of people taking advantage of the system and lying
Seeing people fill out applications for cars everyday and lying makes me sooo mad. I wish that I could ring WINZ and give them the names of those people!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack + Nathans mum
Totally Divalicious!
Jack + Nathans mum

Female
Number of posts : 1348
Job/hobbies : Admin
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:51 pm

oh i hate the government pisses me off that they hand out $$$ to lazy fucking bums and then geniune(sp) ppl who actually need it survice on nothing i have no idea how we manage to rent our house and pay bills and now we have another one im starting to freak out now but like you say Melissa amazing what you can live on when you need too.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:48 pm

I get angry at the people filling out apps for cars too Lauren! I would love to dob some of these losers in Smile

Well i am back from Plunket (obviously) and man did she make me out to be a bad mother!!!!
Olivia loves the jolly jumper and could spend 30mins - 1 hour in there before she starts getting tired and grumpy. Well i got told she isnt allowed in there for more than 10mins!!!! Or she will get short calf muscles!!! And its bad for her feet!!! Im sure most of us spent alot of time in a jolly jumper too and we turned out ok...
And about her bottles - Olivia has 5 -6 bottles a day and 2 solids. A good routine that works for everyone... Well thats not on either! 3 - 4 bottles and 3 meals.

My god talk about the Nazi Brigade!

I never take much notice of what they say becasue the first time i saw them they told me Olivia was going to have hearing problems becasue her ear canals were too small. They really shouldnt go around saying shit like that especially ito first time mums!!!

Rant over Laughing Sorry guys

Anyway, got told to take her to the doc just to make sure the spots arent anything serious. Cant get an appointment at our normal doc today so will take her to A&E just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 am

Oh, where has everyone gone? Sad
Back to top Go down
neka's mum
Chatty Tart
Chatty Tart
neka's mum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 am

I'm here. I don't pay much attention to my plunket nurse, just go to get bubs weighed really. I got told off for giving him 3 solids a day and he's six months...

hopefully the spots aren't anything, but I know it can be scary, we had spend a night in at Waitak hospital with bubs when he had them.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:43 am

Me too. They are idiots really.
Well the doc is booked out today and can only get me in tomorrow arvo...
Should i bother taking her to A&E??? They dont seem to be bothering her but you never know...
What do you have to pay at A&E these days? If anyone knows??
Back to top Go down
neka's mum
Chatty Tart
Chatty Tart
neka's mum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:52 am

Is the spots just in one place? They haven't spread or anything?

A&E is free for under 5, so go even if it is just to ease your mind. It's a hard one to know what to do ...bubs has had it twice, first time we went to Waitak and they were all woried about it. The second time he got it while he was in starship (was admitted for something different) and they weren't worried about it in the slightest
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:02 am

There are a few more but its all on one leg around the back of her knee.
It was just really weird - her foot was bright red and swollen and her leg was purple and blotchy like the circulation was cut off. It took a few mins for it to come back but she was happy as larry in between.
Then we noticed them while she was in the bath and when you press them, they dont disappear. Thats why i immediately thought MENINGITIS affraid

Im going to take her just to put it to rest... I really hope its nothing serious, poor poppett has been through so much already...
At least the rest of her is normal. Shes 7kg now the little porker!
Back to top Go down
neka's mum
Chatty Tart
Chatty Tart
neka's mum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:12 am

Yea might be best to take her, but it sounds exactly like what Dominica had with the red and purple leg. If she's her usual self I wouldn't be too worried. But get it checked out just to be on the safe side

It scares ya when things like that happen.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:18 am

Hi,
Hope that Olivia is ok.... gosh plunket don't seem to be very subtle.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Lauren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:20 am

I mean you don't go and say that your kid will have hearing probs cause they have small canals!! Or that their feeding routine is wrong - who are they to say?? As long as bubs is feeding and healthy.......that is just speaking negatives into your life
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 am

Exactly. I was sooo angry with her i called the meeting short and left. You just dont say that type of stuff!
I mean sure if you can see that her legs have buckled or she is so over or under weight but if she is perfectly in the norm just shut your mouth Smile

Idiots, they really are.

And she was so not helpful with the spots issue...
Back to top Go down
neka's mum
Chatty Tart
Chatty Tart
neka's mum

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:26 am

I really don't like my plunket lady she just constantly tells me what im doing is wrong, but we have a very nice Karitane nurse that visits between plunket visits. she actually listens and says we are doing everything right with bubs. And she evens comes to our house we don't go to her!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Resident Wench
Resident Wench
Melissa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:28 am

Its just so wrong what they do. I have heard nothing but bad stuff about Plunket from most people.
We have a Karitane Nurse too and she is wonderful Smile Pity theyre all not like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westie Mums   Westie Mums - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westie Mums
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next